Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Remember Me

Early year offered two lives.
One I knew, one I didn't,
I heard you were in it
I took it.

We became friends.

When I left from
two long months
I hoped to hear you

in my sleep, in the dark,
while humming the lullabies
we made;
being away makes me feel incompetent

my empty arms.

The life I knew greets me
I take it though I don't want to,
I miss you.

When you visited with
older eyes and ears
bottles fell out from open
smiling mouths,
did you know?

I remember.
My little friends
I often think of you.




June 1, 2010

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! They totally miss you too. This is so sweet.

    I have been waiting for more poems. These new ones are fantastic. They really make you ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou em! I am so glad you are reading them. really. I miss you so so so much.

    ReplyDelete